There's so many things I can do now that I missed while pregnant. You know, all those little things that you slowly lose the ability to do and they magically return in one day. Here's a few of those glorious things.
- Laying flat to sleep. I can actually go to bed without being propped up on three pillows nearly upright.
- Waking up only because a baby needs me, not because I have to pee, take a tums, drink milk, or sit upright. I was up nearly every hour by the end just to use the bathroom. Only getting up once or twice a night with the baby is so much better!
- No more heartburn. I had such terrible heartburn, the kind that made you want to die. During the day, or in the middle of the night. I would be awoken in the night with it. It didn't matter what I ate. Just drinking water, or eating bread could cause me intense pain. I'm so happy to have that gone!
- I can get up off the floor with ease. No more rolling onto all fours to get up or asking for help.
- No more wearing my husband's clothes. Well, perhaps just because they are comfy I will. But I won't have to wear his lounge pants because none of mine fit. Or wear his scrub pants to work because not even my previous pregnancy pairs fit me. I got made fun of pretty good for that one.
- Energy. Having energy back is the best! I was tired all the time and barely accomplished anything. Having the energy to actually get up with the baby and then function during the day and feel alive is amazing.
- Bending over. Not only could I not bend over just due to the giant belly in the way, but because it made me sick. Bending caused my heartburn to flare up in a way that made me want to vomit. Due to this I didn't get much cleaned up unless I sat on the floor and scooted around to pick it up. Then you can refer back to number 4 to see how that had to end. It's a vicious cycle.
- Seeing my feet. Hi there toes, I've missed you!