Monday, May 26, 2014

Exploring at the cabin

For Memorial Day this year we joined my parents at their cabin for one night and a day.  We enjoyed cones stuffed with chocolate, mallows, and caramels heated over the fire on Sunday evening before the boys headed to bed. Landon got to sleep on a camp cot, he thought that was great.  "It's like what army guys sleep on!" Will got to sleep on the mattress that Will used to use. They both thought they were hot stuff.  Monday morning I awoke to Will coming into our room to snuggle.  He laid on my pillow and snuggled with mommy and daddy for a long time.  While snuggling with him we kept hearing Landon yelling, "Mom! Come here!  I need to show you something!"  We kept telling him we weren't coming.  We were too busy enjoy cuddles, and because usually he is showing me nothing of importance.  When I got up I found him sitting on the potty, "I needed you, there's no toilet paper and I pooped."  haha.  If he had led with that in his hollering perhaps I would have showed up sooner! After breakfast the boys, my Mom, and I all headed out on an exploration adventure.  Here's some of the things we found that Landon wanted pictures of.


Poking mom with a stick

Finding skulls!

hi ho! hi ho! it's off to work he goes

Exploring with Mommy

He found ants to poke

Take a picture of this!

I love this one

LOVE!

I really was there!

The boys got a bath before we left so I could scrub all the filth off.  They were a mess!  They played hard, and you could tell by the layer of dirt on them.  If we lived anywhere with more property I would never see my kids again!  They LOVE being outdoors, and I don't mind that one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment