Sunday, October 6, 2013

Boys and bugs

I haven't posted in forever, so I think I owe you a photo drop.  Mainly because I want to put them here.  Enjoy my kids.  Mostly they are pictures of them looking at bugs.  They do that a lot it seems.  BOYS!



 This bunk bed was harder to put together than it should have been with two boys always "helping" out.

 Woolly worm  investigations

 He didn't enjoy it climbing on him that much, so he put him on a piece of styrofoam 
 Will attempted to stab it.  Landon saved the little guy from death.

 He found this moth (dead moth) on the kitchen floor.  After examining it inside and having a mini moth lesson we put it outside.  Well, he went outside later that day and was back to investigating the dead moth.  He was very upset when Will crushed it a little.

I noticed this guy on our pampas grass so we checked him out.  He kept an eye on us, which freaked me out a little.  I'm always sure bugs are going to jump on me unexpectedly, and he was huge.  When he struck the famous "praying" pose Landon got excited, "he's praying, Mom!"

 The golden raspberry bush is my favorite thing ever.  We planted it on a whim three years ago and it has been great.  We had never had them before.  They are amazing, and they get nice and big.  The best thing is that it is still producing.  It starts a little later in the summer and gets attacked by bugs, but now that it is fall it is still full of berries and bug free.  We only get a handful at a time.  Partly because it is young and partly because the boys glean from it daily.

 I thought this grasshopper was pretty cool.  It has a hook for a butt...what is up with this thing?  So once again, we had to check it out.


Some of the beauty that our yard provides.  I do love backing up to a field.  Mornings are just gorgeous.


No comments:

Post a Comment