Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Raising Superhero's

So I was thinking about what it means to raise a superhero.  Did I just name this blog that because we are raising to superhero obsessed boys?  No, I named it that because I really do want to raise superhero's.  I want my boys to grow up strong and confident in who they are.  I want them to be hero's to each other and to those around them.  For others to look to them for leadership and to see how to be good examples.  I want them to be sure of the love their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for them, that They know them individually and love them unconditionally.  I want them to grow up knowing that their Mom and Dad love them and always will.  I want them to be able to overcome their trials and obstacles with strength.  I want them to be able to lift up those around them when they struggle and fall and be a friend to those who need one.  I know they won't have real super powers.  They won't be able to lift a car above their head, or leap a building in a single bound, or fly, or turn into the incredible Hulk.  But they will be able to accomplish amazing things in their lives and I want to help them do it.  I want to be the kind of mother that encourages them to try new things and test their limits.  I'm excited to watch them grow and learn and become their own men full of promise.  So yes, I am raising superhero's who will be ready to take on whatever life throws at them because they will be strong.  I am proud to be the mother to two up and coming superhero's!
My superhero's!

No comments:

Post a Comment