Friday, December 20, 2013

Hate the player...not the game

Just a fun Landon moment here. I told him to go clean up all the books in his room. It was clear that he and his brother and joined forces and emptied out a shelf all over the floor. The trouble was I had been ignoring it for two days, hoping he'd just do it himself. Right, he's four, I know. But he works better with motivation. So this dialogue commensed. 
Me: "you need to go clean up you books, please. Shiloh is coming later and we don't want a mess of books on the floor."
Landon: "Shiloh is coming?? I love her! She's one of my girls."
Me: "one of your girls?" As I laugh under my breath.
Landon: very nonchalant "yep. One of my girls."
Me: "how many girls do you have exactly?"
Landon: "one."

And with that he went and cleaned up his room and picked up all the books around the house. Believe me, there were lots spread around. So I guess he's not as big of a player as he claims. Then again, I've been informed that he and the little girl in his primary class at church like to hug and kiss. Hmmm. There's no denying he's cute, I guess he's figured that out! I was seeing if he'd claim her as one of "his girls", but he didn't. I guess it's just a casual relationship. A little NCMO, except without the MO? A little NCHK? 
It was adorable and made me leery of his teenage years. Scratch that, I'm afraid I'll get calls from elementary school saying he's the kid who "kissed the girls and made them cry"! 
I love this kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment