Monday, June 23, 2014

Oh Lando

This evening Landon and Will snuck outside after dinner. John peeked out and informed me that Will was in the pool,again. I had taken off his clothes right before dinner due to him playing in the pool. But he was back in. After a minute or two I stepped out to wrangle them in for jammies. What did I find? Will was indeed in the pool again, removing grass pieces one by one by hand. And where was Landon? He appeared around the corner stark naked. He had stripped off all his clothes and was about to join his brother in the pool, which I had forbidden both of them to do. See how well that works? I asked him what he thought he was doing. "I was getting in to save Will. I'm rescue guy Landon!" So, rescue guys now work in the buff? I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I think it's mostly unsettled and frightened.

A few minutes before that John and I were sitting on the couch enjoying the recap of the World Cup games we missed today. We heard the toilet seat flip and shortly after heard this lovely song, courtesy of Landon. "Poop comes out of your bum! Pee comes out your peep!" John looked at me and said, "well, he's right." Yes, yes he is. My ever curious boy when it comes to the workings of the human body. 

He has currently taken to asking me to scratch his back for him. He goes through spurts of this. He lifts up his shirt in the back and tells me exactly where I need to be scratching. Over, up, down, etc. The other day I was missing the mark,I guess, when he exclaimed, "no, mom! Over here on my scapula!" Yes, he knows what and where his scapula is and was telling me the correct thing. He learned about them long ago and loves to use the proper terminology. When your mom is an x-ray tech you will learn the correct word for them. None of this shoulder blade stuff!

Some days I wonder why he says some things when he does.  A few weeks ago we were in a jewelry store and the woman behind the counter said hi to him.  I told him to talk to her, my mistake.  He immediately said, "Do you want to see my teeth?"  She looked as shocked as I was and started to laugh, but said sure.  He smiled real big and showed her his teeth, "are they sparkly?" he asked.  Ever since he had his teeth cleaned at the dentist and was given sparkly toothpaste he is always asking if his teeth are sparkly.  But to ask a random stranger if they want to see his teeth was a new one.

His other favorite thing to do is tell people they are doing a good job while they are doing something.  If you could hear how he says it it's hilarious.  We had a new dishwasher installed and he was out in the kitchen watching.  Asking a million questions about their tools and what they were doing.  After a while he says, "you guys are doing a good job with that dishwasher.  A real good job."   This child is a goofball. I have no idea why. 


No comments:

Post a Comment