Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gabriel: Month 6


My baby is half a year old! How did this happen? (and you aren't over looking month 5.  I pulled a slacker mom and forgot to take the pictures)  He's such a big guy and I love his personality.  He loves to squeal and yell and carry on along with his brothers.  I guess when you have noisy big brothers to keep up with you have to make sure your voice is heard too.  He is still obsessed with Landon.  Landon doesn't even have to be doing anything and Gabriel is smiling at him.  Landon is equally as obsessed with him.  At least it's a mutual infatuation, right?  Will is less enthused by his baby brother.  He will play with him sometimes and will help me with him, but he is not okay with sharing space with him.  We are still dealing with the constant puke fountain that is Gabriel.  The hope was that solids were going to change things, but since he started them two months ago there has been no change.  He even spits up that.  But the Dr said they aren't worried about his reflux.  We are just waiting for his muscles to strengthen up.  So we get to keep doing wash every night to keep up with the blankies and bibs.  It's a good thing he's so cute!  His new favorite thing is to play with his feet.  He rarely keeps his socks on and if he does they are wet because he has drooly hands when he grabs them.  I love it when babies grab their feet,so I am loving this stage! He is also big into talking. Lots of momomom's and babababa's.  And he has just learned to effectively blow raspberries with his tongue out.  He was blowing them, but mostly with his lips.  The addition of the tongue is extra cute and extra spitty.  On top of that he has found out that the sensation is even better when food is in your mouth.  Meal time has turned into a very messy adventure for both of us.  Bath time has also taken a messy turn for Mommy.  Gabriel loves to splash...very hard.  Mommy ends up soaked by the time bath is over.  He also kicks so hard he pushes the baby tub backwards in the tub until he's out of my reach.  This boy knows how to keep us smiling and keep us in the snuggle and kisses business.

Now enjoy a million pictures of him.  I took a ton and I loved pretty much every single one.  For once he was a ham for the camera instead of staring at it blankly.







 I love this one.  He was getting ready to talk to me.  It's the best face.





He is happy nearly all the time, and for that I am grateful!  His smiles and boisterous laughter are contagious.  Seriously, he's the best baby.  


No comments:

Post a Comment