Monday, April 29, 2013

I love to see the Temple


John, my Mom and myself went to the the Washington, DC temple on Saturday.  We were able to do my families work.  I was so excited to be able to go to the temple.  It's been longer than I would like to admit since I have been.  And I really did miss it and need it.  I also have to admit it was the first time I can join those who say they learn something new every time they go.  I was blessed to be able to do my Grandmother's work from start to finish.  John did the work for my Grandfather from start to finish also.  It was a long day.  We entered the baptistery at 8:30 and we weren't done with the day until 2:30.  I left the temple feeling overwhelmed with joy and exhausted.  I was exhausted mentally and spiritually.  I had experiences that I will forever hold dear to my heart and remember fondly.  My soul was touched and my spirit renewed.




That night as I tucked Landon into bed he asked for "I love to see the temple" as his nightly song, as usual.  And so I had him sing along.  He knows every word to both verses and it was adorable.  He was very excited to get to look at these pictures too.  He is looking forward to us getting a picture of the temple for his room too.  My favorite part of hearing him sing this song is his version of this particular line, "a place of love and booty." haha  What a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment