Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Heart break

Tonight I was putting Landon to bed and he said, "I miss Daddy." Then we said prayer and read his book. After we finished a chapter I told him that we were nearly done and would buy the next one. He got very upset and started to cry. I asked him why he was so upset because it couldn't be about the book. No, he broke down because he missed Daddy. We had a talk about how lucky he was that his daddy his home with him so much and that he would see him in the morning. But nothing comforted the child. I have no idea why tonight was such a rough night for him. He says he'll miss daddy while he's at work a lot,but he never cries about it. 
The other day he looked at me and said, "sometimes my heart gets hurt." I said, "like when, buddy?"
"When daddy went to Haiti it hurt my heart."
Poor little guy. He's pretty sensitive. And he sure loves his dad! 

A minute after I closed his door he once again burst into tears crying for me. Turns out he thought he heard thunder and he was worried. I told him it was the wind blowing trash can kids around. The wind is wicked tonight! I then got to use knowledge from a childhood book that I used to read as a kid and now he reads. Bedtime for Francis. She is scared of the wind and her father tells her that it is the winds job to blow things around and if it doesn't it will be out of a job. He remembered that part of the book and was content enough to go to bed. Good old books saving the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment