Thursday, March 6, 2014

giving up

I have to brag for a minute about my little dude.  Tonight was the second night in a row that he went to bed with no paci! He didn't fight us on it or cry, just did it.  I'm so proud of him and so excited about this happening.  Last night Daddy put him to bed and when I got home he informed me that he had gone to bed without it.  I was shocked.  He said he just told him that he was a big guy and didn't need it. After a moment of contemplation he agreed and went right to bed without a peep.  Now I did have to give it to him at 6:55am.  It's a very specific time, but when I am awoken earlier than I like to be I am very aware of the time.  So I gave him is paci, he continued to whine.  So I gave him his baby ducky and (his new found obsession) his puppy.  This apparently soothed the beast and he was asleep until 9! Glorious!  

Since last night went so well I tried it again tonight.  Before we went back to bed I asked him if he could go without his paci tonight.  He shook his head no.  I told him he could have his blankie, ducky, and puppy for bed.  He happily agreed to these terms and went to bed like a big boy. I'm excited to see if we make it all night again tonight.  Beware world.  Tonight the paci, next...the big boy bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment