Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eww

Most nights I have trouble cooking because of screaming children, tonight was no different. They were outside playing and before I could even get half an onion chopped I had stopped multiple times. 
I found Will crying outside in the old chinchilla cage. It's his favorite place to hang out. On his shoe was something big sticking out the side. I assumed it was a leaf and told him to take it off. But he kept sitting and crying. I got to him and noticed something on his jacket....I touched it...then I sniffed it. My suspicion was confirmed. Dog poo. I then noticed the thing on his shoe was a huge hunk of squishy poo! I then freaked out. I now had poo on his shoe, his jacket, his hand, and my finger. So instead of getting dinner prepped and cooked I had to focus on poop removal from hands and then shoes. I'm not a fan of scrubbing poo out of the deep intricate grooves in shoe soles. Not. A. Fan. I of course had to reshoe the child, etc. 
After all this I continued on with dinner. Until he reappeared. My fear was more poo. Luckily he had just dumped water on himself. After another wardrobe change he was back out. By the time I finished dinner and it cooked it was too late to feed the hubster before work. Ah, the joys of cleaning up after children...and their pets.   

No comments:

Post a Comment