Saturday, August 2, 2014

39 weeks: are we there yet?

Why yes, I am still pregnant.  I've made it to 39 weeks with no signs of him moving along.  Check out that belly...


So, this big mamma is ready to go!  I've been hoping and watching for signs of him to arrive for a week now to no avail.  Everyone has been very kind to tell me how good I look and that it doesn't look like I'm about to have a baby any day now.  That's very nice, but someone tell baby boy to be nicer to me too!  He makes me believe I'm ready!  I do believe he has dropped a little bit since the pressure and pain in my pelvis has increased as of late.  Every step sends stabbing pain across my pelvis.  Not only does this occur with walking, but with standing up, or lifting my legs to put on my pants.  That darn spread symphysis is sure making itself known these days.  Other than that, and general fatigue, I feel pretty good.  There are some days where I feel good enough to think I'm not near the end, and other days where I am sure the end is near.   I've had braxton hicks contractions nearly every day for about two weeks too, but those don't want to turn into anything real either.  I've got another stubborn guy in there!
  
At my 39 week doctor appointment they told me that if I am still around for next Friday's appointment I can schedule my induction.  All I can hope is that they will let me do that the following week, not 10 days late.  If they say those words I will burst into tears in the office.  This week I actually left and sat in the car and cried because I wanted to be done so badly.  I recovered from my hormonal breakdown and I'm doing okay now.  Do I wish he would show up already?   Of course, but I don't feel like breaking down about it anymore. 

Everything is ready and waiting for him to make his grand entrance.  Will has finally figured out that his baby brother is in my belly.  I think he might be a bit confused when his baby brother shows up outside in the real world and is a tangible human being.  If you ask him where his baby brother is he gently pats my belly.  It's very sweet.  Landon is convinced that he needs a whole bunch of baby brothers so they can all play together.  I think that one might change his mind on that a little.  Both Will and Landon like to get in babies faces and try to make them smile or laugh.  They get a huge kick out of that.  I have a feeling their new baby brother won't have much peace with them around, but he sure will be loved.  I think they will be great big brother's, they are getting excited about that.  They will miss having the babies room as an extra play space though.  I always find toys all over in there and they like to set it up as a doctor's office or a garage to be mechanics.  What will they do without their extra play room?    

For anyone wondering, yes, we have named him.  But I figure it's taken us this long to name him we might as well make people wait a little longer.  Some people already know what it is, but for everyone else you get to wait!  Once he makes his debut we will also debut his name.  I'm excited to see him and meet him.  Landon has informed me that he won't have curly hair because he is the only brother with curly hair.  He also has decided that he will have blue eyes, unlike his big brother's.  I would love that!  We've been waiting for a blue eyed baby all along.  John and I both have family with blue eyes, so we are hoping that one day my brown dominant gene will be overridden.  How great would a blue eyed, curly haired little boy be?  

Until the day he arrives I will continue to waddle about, and cross my fingers that tomorrow will be the day!  Come on baby boy, your family is waiting to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment