Saturday, May 10, 2014

Birthday time!

It's time to celebrate Will turning 2! I can't believe he's 2!  Where did the time go?  He's my sweet little man. He shares everything with anyone, loves to give hugs and kisses, still loves a good snuggle, is very helpful, listens very well, and is just the cutest and sweetest little guy I could ask for.  I'm so grateful for the happy little spirit he brings to our family.  I can be losing my mind with his brother and he'll make me smile in no time.  Will's birthday is actually on Monday, but we of course celebrated today.  We had some family and friends over to enjoy the day.  We planned a cook out.  The day was nice, so we were able to party outdoors.  He had no idea what it meant that it was his birthday, but he was happy to eat fruit and cake and play with toys.  What else really matters to a two year old?  


Guests!

He looks so determined with his new big ball

Someone loved their cake!



This was his face while we sang.  He refused to look up or smile.

Happy Birthday!!


The cake, complete with a Will finger print in the lower right corner.  This boy loves trains.
 I spent last night decorating his train cake.  It gave me a few problems, but overall I was happy it turned out. I can, of course, see the imperfections.  They are glaring to me, but to a two year old it was an amazing cake just for him, and that make all the time spent decorating worth it.

 Mmmmm....cake

 Hey look!  I was there too! I think this was supposed to be shot of our dog seeking refuge from my parent's dog under my chair, but it also serves as proof that I showed up too.  

His second piece of cake.
 Present Time!!!

 Notice Landon being "helpful"?


I really can't believe he's turning two on Monday.  His birth was an interesting one, but he blessed me with an easy recovery.  And I thank him for that.  He was born the day before Mother's Day that year and every nurse told me, "what a wonderful Mother's day gift!"  At the time, I was a bit grouchy since I wanted to go home and spent all of that day bored with no visitors, but he really was a wonderful gift.  I love my Bubba Will and am so thankful for him in our lives.
 He's always been my sweet little guy.  How cute is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment