Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thoughts of a child

Children teach us so much. I know during my years in the primary I was amazed by what the kids knew and would say. The other day john was tilling the garden. Landon, of course, was standing as close as possible while he did. After awhile he came running up to me and said, "the ground was shaking while daddy tilled the garden! It shook just like when Jesus died!" 

I was surprised by his association of the earth shaking and the crucifixion of Christ. I asked if it was dark then too, he replied, "yeah! And there was thunder!" Guess he does pay attention after all! 

I was touched and impressed. How often do we as adults equate things in life to the gospel of Christ? I have never felt the earth shake and thought of my Savior, but my son did. We think of earthquakes and devastation, not of the gift that was given to us that day on Calvary. 

Listen to your children, sometimes the things they share with you are more insightful and spiritual than you can imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment