Thursday, May 8, 2014

Saying goodbye

Another one of the good ones has moved away!  I hate saying goodbye to friends, but it keeps happening.  They keep moving away.  This week I said farewell to a new friend, Katie.  We became closer due to a calling at church.  She was the young women's president and I was her first counselor.  We hung out almost weekly to chat and save our sanity.  Her kids enjoyed playing with mine and we both were stay at home mom's with a need for air and adult conversation.  It was great to get to work with her and learn from her.  I think we texted daily, about anything and everything.  Yes, we can still do that, but that darn time difference will be a pain.  I know since I deal with it with other friends living in Utah.  Her husband got a new job back close to their families.  The youth miss her like crazy and so do the leaders!  She was loved by many and will be greatly missed.  When she called to tell me she was leaving I cried....for much longer than is normal.  Darn hormones!  Just a warning....if you ever move into my ward I will not trust you...you'll just leave me. haha.  But seriously, I am excited for them to be back with family and have new experiences.  


Katie is the tall, lovely lady next to me.  We are missing a few of  our girls in this picture.  It was her last
YW activity and we surprised her with a farewell party.

No comments:

Post a Comment