Monday, February 25, 2013

Better late then never


Little man turned 9mon back on the 12th, but I neglected to get this done in a timely manner!  Within one week he went from army crawling to crawling like a champ at high speeds.  I now can't do anything without suddenly hearing deep breathing and the pat pat pat of little hands as they crawl along after me.  The dog can't drink or eat while he's awake because he splashes in the dog's water like he's at a water park and nibbles on any remaining dog food as an extra snack.  In that same week he began pulling to standing on the couch and at this point is cruising with only one hand.  He likes to let go because he believes he can walk!  He finds out otherwise when he crashes to the floor, but he tries again a minute later. This one week was actually the week before he turned 9 months. He has spent this month perfecting his new skills.

He loves to "talk".  This boy jabbers more then his brother ever did and I didn't know that was possible!  He talks to you with such expression in his voice and in his face that you swear you should know what he's telling you.  If he is in the midst of a story you are not allowed to interrupt him for any reason, he will stop you and continue to tell you his tale.  He is also beginning to grasp the concept of waving goodbye and will do it now and again.  I got a wave goodbye as I left for work the other night and it made me smile all the way to work. Will has the ability to make you feel like you are the most special and important person in the world when he smiles at you.  It's one of his awesome gifts.  He recently has begun "barking" at the dog.  Hilarious!  After I crate the dog and I'm standing at the base of the stairs preparing to leave he cranks his head trying to see the dog and "barks" at him.  I caught him chasing the dog through the kitchen two days ago "barking" after him.  I love this little goofball!  He's mischievous and sweet and I can't imagine the past 9 months without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment