Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cleaning revolution

So, having a little boy has begun to get even more stinky. And yes, I am aware it will only get worse. At this time it's the bathroom. No matter how often I scrub the toilet it still stinks like pee. Even my husband complains about it. So, time to fix it. Time to eradicate the stink, but what to use? After having friends on Facebook lend their advice I decided what to do.  I wanted to use vinegar, but how about not just straight vinegar?  Pinterest came to my rescue with a different way to use the magic stuff. 

(I will post the link when I get on the computer. The phone isn't working with me.)

I followed her instructions and had a jar of vinegar with orange peels floating in it, slowly disintegrating for the past two weeks.  It looked like a bizarre science project on my kitchen counter.  Surprisingly my husband never asked me about it.  I think he has gotten used to me doing odd projects that I found on Pinterest at this point. Tonight I strained it and mixed it half and half with water in a spray bottle.   I think her instructions call for more water in the ratio, but I wanted it to be a little stronger without being full strength burn-your-nostrils- out-strong.  


I forgot to take any other pictures. So here's my half used jar of orange vinegar. (Kind of looks like a bad urine sample...ewww) It made enough for me to get two big spray bottles worth of use out of it. Nice! 
I mixed it up and headed to the bathroom to tackle the urine stink. So far so good! The orange vinegar/water cleaner mix smells pretty good and after it's first cleaning it seems to have worked great! I put it under the bathroom sink so I can get it out and give it a spray whenever I need it. Hooray for cleaning! And for making it at home with things I had around the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment