Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cabin get away

We got away for one night to the cabin.  The hubs had a long weekend and so we headed up to the cabin on  Saturday.  We weren't sure if we were going to stay until Monday or what we were going to do, but we were happy to get away for a little. 
I forgot my camera dumb me so I had to shoot everything with my cell. Will loved standing in front of the huge industrial floor fan we have up there.  I tried to catch a pic of the awesome hair blowing, but they were all blurry.

A little relaxing.

The heat was getting to all of us so we decide, last minute, to head to Raystown Lake.  We didn't remember how to get there and our phones had no service after we got a few minutes away, but we did it!  I did get my maps to work, so that was very helpful. Of course, part way there the dog threw up on the backseat.  Thanks for that, dog.  Luckily we made it to the beach.  John had to keep the dog away from the beach so just the kids and I went down to cool off a little.


Will loves the sand.  I had to force him to leave it and go to the water.  Below you will see him after he decided to taste the sand.  I thought it was over after his first time trying it and being grossed out by it.  I guess new sand = new taste?


Landon didn't want much to do with the sand and his only interest in the water was the boats.  The "surf"they caused on the beach freaked him out.  But I did get him to put his toes in for a little bit. The beach may be tougher of a sell than we thought!




Time to get rid of that sand and sweat with a good old bath.  


My soda-holic! Don't worry, all of you who gasped in horror, it's empty.  He just loved carrying around the cans. Also, don't be worried that he is really that thin and emaciated. He's a bean pole of a child and as I took this sucked in his gut. He looks like we never feed him in this! My poor skinny boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment