Sunday, June 2, 2013

Zooray!

That's right, I combined zoo and hooray because I'm that awesome.  We love going to the zoo.  Perhaps I love it more than the kids do, just a little.  Landon enjoyed it more this year than he did last year, and Will liked what he could see too.  Maybe we can go again in the fall!  oooohhhhh....the zoo.  I am going to attempt to not bludgeon you to death with photos of animals you have all seen before, but be prepared for a few.  Mostly pictures of the kids enjoying said critters.

We stopped at the temple on the way down .  Landon was thrilled to see the temple and walk around the grounds.  



 I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday....



 The path to the temple is straight and sure


We went to the Washington DC zoo.  I enjoy going to this zoo because it is large, clean, easy to get to, and best of all.....free admission!  You just pay a flat rate to park your car.  We pack our lunches, snacks, and drinks and use the water fountains around the park to refill.  It's a great way to spend the day.  We arrived around 11:30 and didn't leave until nearly 5:00.  I was amazed at how well both boys did with the heat.  Will happily lounged in the stroller and enjoyed his freedom while inside exhibits.  It was very busy and Landon did well staying with us when walking and pushing his way to the front to see the animals in the exhibits.  Neither one had a meltdown!  It's a miracle!



This made me really excited.  The orangutan crossing was supposed to be 11-11:30, so we didn't go over there.  When we got to the area with all the monkeys and apes there were two orangutans hanging out high up in the towers between the ropes.  Shortly after we came out of the one building three crossed the ropes to the other habitat.  It was so cool!  I'm always amazed by animals and how they do what they do.  

 Will loved looking at the turtles.  He kept pointing at them and laughing.





 Don't worry, this was an outdoor bird exhibit...I didn't allow him to crawl through the bars of a dangerous animal's home.

 Waiting for sea lions.  

 My nature boys checking out a blue tailed skink that John caught running around.




We were sweaty, but we were happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment