Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Have we met?

Meet Pirate Lamby!


Forgive the frightening photo of me, I couldn't help but get a little silly with my old friend.

Landon loves Pirate Lamby. He talks to him and plays with him and I cannot break character or I am chastised for doing so. Now, Pirate Lamby was not always the sea fairing lamb he is today. When I was young he was just Lamby, a mild mannered lamb who taught me my piano lessons. During my piano lessons I would only respond to him, and he liked to be addressed as "Maestro." No other title would do. Maybe I should have realized then that he longed for power. 

He lived happily in our home in the nursery, waiting for his playmate to truly appreciate him. Then, one fateful day, it happened he fell to the evil clutches of....The Mo. Mo was determined to tear him to shreds and leave no trace of the once loved lamb, but he forgot one thing. He lived with me. I found poor Lamby on the stairs. It was a horrific sight. His eye had been viciously removed and his stuffing, his precious stuffing, was scattered around him. I screamed, and yes, I cried. My beloved friend and teacher may not pull through this! It was clear that surgery was the only option in saving him. 

I performed the surgery myself.  Unfortunately the trauma was too much and I was unable to save his eye. So I put his stuffing back in and fitted him with an eye patch.  That was the beginning of his new life as Pirate Lamby.  He's new, he's improved, and he's got a new piratey attitude.  Arrrrr Matey! He still holds a grudge against Mo, his mortal enemy.  He has pledged to fight him at any chance he gets.  He is currently awaiting his new ship and crew.  He may be a pirate now, but he still love to play and act silly. And so begins another life of my beloved Lamby.  May he live many many more years plundering and playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment