Tuesday, June 4, 2013

More Pin-spiration

I get a little carried away with Pinterest sometimes. I pin so many things I'm not sure I'll ever do, but want to. But here's one I did do. I got the boys a hard sided kiddie pool last year. The downside of any kiddie pool is that you have to empty it all the time. It's not just the grass and dirt, but all the bugs that see it as a free drink and drown getting said drink. I was tired of emptying and refilling every other day. What a waste of water! I used it to water the garden, but still! Then one day on Pinterest I found my answer! (original pin)


How had I not thought of this? The blog that I found the idea on used a full size fitted sheet. From the picture she has I think she gathers it and tucks it somehow, but that is a lot of excess fabric. I used a twin, and as you can see, still have a lot if overhang. It does dip in the water because it isn't a tight fit across the top, but that doesn't matter. It acts like a sieve. It catches all the bugs and dirt and when I remove it it pours through separating the water from the junk. I hang it to dry during the day and shake off the dirt that evening before recovering.  I wasn't sure where to find a fitted sheet without having to buy a whole set.  Wal-Mart set me up with a fitted sheet for $4.  I went with the leaves to feel more organic.  ;)   I filled the pool on Thursday night and didn't refill it again until Monday! Let's conserve water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment